Ridesharks are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with Ridesharks.
2. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Ridesharks website, this includes, your IP address, operating system, geographical location, page views, browser type and version, referral source, length of visit, website navigation.
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to Ridesharks website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
4. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and Ridesharks on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our services.
5. Any information sent to us.
Personal information may be used to:
1. Supply to you, services you have purchased via the Ridesharks website.
2. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the Ridesharks website.
3. Enable your use of the services available on the Ridesharks website.
4. Administer the Ridesharks website.
5. Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
6. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
7. Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
8. Ridesharks could send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
9. provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
10. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website and other users.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider Stripe. You can review their privacy policies at the following sites.
Ridesharks will share information with Stripe only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
Ridesharks will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.